Well.... we finally did it! Turns out some more fabrication was in order due to my car having the newer transmission (which translates to larger) and required some special cutting and welding to accommodate it going into place behind the LS3. This will be a short update with just a couple of photos of the final installation and the engine fully supported on its own! No more engine lifts in the photos - YES!!!
It's hard to see in this photo, but the oil pan and transaxle are fully above the the new engine cradle
and frame rails - this menagerie of frames, braces, links and struts has to be assembled around the engine as it hovers in the space supported by a lift table.... whew
Next are several photos of the transaxle mounts we had to fabricate - you'll notice it is the stock mounts cut and sectioned which we added a one inch thick wall pipe enabling them to be rewelded with both an offset to the rear of inch along with lowering the geometry
Here's a couple of views from the top followed by photos of the front of the engine in its new "ride along with you in the cabin" position (lol)
Next it is onto a ton of plumbing and wiring and computer programming to do - sure would like to drive it onto the field at Oktoberfest rather than trailer it:-)
Sty tuned and check back for updates soon!!! Thanks, Doug